.

.

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Blog post #1

1. Jordan Greenberg
2. No nickname
3. Height in inches about 70
4. I am 19 years old
5. I wake up generally at 9am
6. Favorite candy is payday
7. Favorite snack food is Trail mix
8. Favorite band is Sublime
9. One of my hobbies is snowboarding
10. Mathematical background- Finite mathematics, high school calculus
11. Comfort with word math problems- Uncomfortable
12. Comfort with math computations - Comfortable
13. What is your comfort level with any of the following:

Equations- C
Factoring- V
Adding/subtracting/multiplying/dividing fractions/rational expressions-C
Simplifying expressions-V
Simplifying rational expressions (fractions and fractional polynomials)-C
Operations on roots and fractional exponent expressions-C
Operations involving whole number exponent expressions-V
Finding common denominators-C
Inequalities- V
Functions-V
Absolute value-C
Linear functions-V
Systems of equations-C
Domain and range-C
Inverse functions-C
Transformations (shifting, scaling, stretching, etc)-V
Quadratic functions-C
Completing the square-C
Exponential functions-C
Logarithmic functions-C
Base e-C
Graphing (trigonometric, quadratic, linear, exponential, and logarithmic functions)-C
Trigonometric concepts-C
 14. Yes I took finite math and got a B
15. I have not taken Math 160 at AU
16. I'm familiar with texting, facebook and instagram
17. I use texting and facebook most often
18. My major is Business administration 
19. I'm taking this calss to prepare myself for calculus and my academic advisor told me to take this class.
20. I will be taking applied calculus and statistics in the future.
21. I hope to get a better understanding of math in general and calculus as well.
22.

1 comment:

  1. I love snowboarding! I really want to start a ski club at AU...

    ReplyDelete