.

.

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Questions:

1. My name is Maximiliana Wynne

2. A nickname that I prefer to go by would be Milana

3. I am about 62 inches

4. I am 19 years old

5. I usually wake up around 12

6. My favorite candy is easily chocolate

7. My favorite snack food would be Cape code chips

8. My favorite artist is Flume

9. I like to hang out in the sun

10. Basic math algebra 1, algebra 2, High school Advanced Topics

11. (U) uncomfortable

12. (U) uncomfortable

13.

Very comfortable (V) comfortable (C) uncomfortable (U) extremely uncomfortable (E)

Equations (C) comfortable

Factoring (U) uncomfortable

Adding/subtracting/multiplying/dividing fractions/rational expressions (C) comfortable

Simplifying expressions (C) comfortable

Simplifying rational expressions (fractions and fractional polynomials) (E) extremely uncomfortable

Operations on roots and fractional exponent expressions (U) uncomfortable

Operations involving whole number exponent expressions (C) comfortable

Finding common denominators (C) comfortable

Inequalities (C) comfortable

Functions (C) comfortable

Absolute value (U) uncomfortable

Linear functions (U) uncomfortable

Systems of equations (C) comfortable

Domain and range (V) very comfortable

Inverse functions (C) comfortable

Transformations (shifting, scaling, stretching, etc) (U) uncomfortable

Quadratic functions  (C) comfortable

Completing the square  (E) extremely uncomfortable

Exponential functions (C) comfortable

Logarithmic functions (U) uncomfortable

Base e  (U) uncomfortable

Graphing (trigonometric, quadratic, linear, exponential, and logarithmic functions)  (U) uncomfortable

Trigonometric concepts (E) extremely uncomfortable

14. No I have not taken American university’s math 151 (finite math) class

15.  No I have not taken American university’s math 160 (applied precalculus) class

16. Social media formats I am familiar with would be;
Texting, facebook, pinterest, tumblr, google, instagram and twitter

17. Social media formats I use most frequently are texting and instagram

18. My major is Business management

19. I am taking this math class because it is a required course for my major, and professor Little is by far one of the best math professors I've yet to meet/have.

20. I will be taking other math classes in the future at American University, such as pre calculus, calculus and statistics.

21. I hope to learn as much as I can in this class to improve all of my math abilities.




6 comments:

  1. I have to agree; Professor Little is one the best math professors/teachers that I have met so far. Just a bit of advice, see if you can get Van Dyke for Stat-202, he's a great professor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Milana! I absolutely LOVE Flume, I saw him live last year, though he didn't really do much except press buttons and bob his head up and down. Still, great taste in music :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chocolate is too good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Cape cod chips too. Definitely the best kettle cooked chips out there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love being in the sun, especially on the beach! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Milana I love the Sun too, I don't know how I am going to survive the winter.

    ReplyDelete