.

.

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Blog Post Number One

About Sam Smyth

  1. My full name is Samuel Alexander John Smyth, but I go by Sam.
  2. I am 69 inches tall.
  3. I am currently 19 years old.
  4. I normally wake up between 9am and 10am. If I drank the night before though, it's normally closer to noon, whoops. 
  5. Anything Haribo Gummy related, I’ll eat :) 
  6. I really like Goldfish and raspberries as a quick snack. 
  7. My favorite musical groups are tied between Disclosure and BANKS.
  8. I really enjoy hiking, tanning, working out, watching movies, spending time with friends, and playing video games. I haven’t really got any hobbies, though! 
  9. While my mathematical career in high school and college has not been large, I have taken algebra 1, algebra 2, geometry, precalculus, and a class on proofs/probability. 
  10. Math word problems (C) | Math application problems (V) | Conceptual math problems (U)
  11. Math computations and calculations and using formulas and following steps and procedures (V)
  12. Equations (C) | Factoring (C) | Adding/subtracting/multiplying/dividing fractions/rational expressions (V/C) Simplifying expressions (V/C) | Simplifying rational expressions (U) | Operations on roots and fractional exponent expressions (U) | Operations involving whole number exponent expressions (C) | Finding common denominators (V) | Inequalities (C) | Functions (C) | Absolute value (C) | Linear functions (U) Systems of equations (U) | Domain and range (U) | Inverse functions (U) | Transformations (C) | Quadratic functions (V) | Completing the square (V) | Exponential functions (V) | Logarithmic functions (U) | Base e (U) | Graphing (U) | Trigonometric concepts (U) 
13. I have not, actually. I should have taken finite math during my Freshman year at American, but instead took Great Ideas in Mathematics, which detailed proofs and probability problems.
14. This will be my first college level precalculus course. 
15. I am familiar with Instagram and texting. I don’t have any other form of social media. I check my Instagram 1 to 5 times a day normally, and I text at odd points throughout the day. 
16. My major is business administration with a specialization in marketing. 
17. It is a necessary part of my university requirements, and I have also heard good things about Professor Little, as opposed to the other professors who teach the same course. 
18. I will also be taking calculus and statistics after this applied precalculus course. 
19. I have never been particularly good at math, so I am hopeful to solidify concepts in math I am unsure on. I am also hopeful to unstick my rusty math gears, as this is the first math class I have taken in over two years. 
20. My favorite dog breed are Boxers, I am a huge dog kinda guy. 

7 comments:

  1. Props to the hiking, and also to not having a Facebook. If I didn't need mine to keep in touch with people abroad I would have gotten rid of it long ago dude

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also consider myself a dog person! I actually have two dogs (one chihuahua and one maltese) and they are the cutest things ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a dog person too! Back home I have a Std. Black Labradoodle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love dogs! They're are a couple really good hiking trails around DC too you

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a boxer!! boxers>>>

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a french bulldog at home! Im such a dog person...like I will be that person to stop and pet every cute dog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like tanning to and I am a dog person, but I like Yorkie's and Shih Tzu.

    ReplyDelete